Item No.: DS302
Designer: Charles and Ray Eames
- It has been always one of our bestsellers. People love its high quality.
- The most details are following original eames lounge chair, for example, the leather wrinkles as per original.
- Leather upholstery choice: Italian 100% top grain leather, premium aniline leather and antiqued waxy leather.
- Durable high density sponge.
- 7-layer plywood + wood veneer in natural skin, palisander skin and walnut skin.
- The base can be chromed aluminium base or black aluminium base, which are known as Vitra and Herman Miller versions.
- Chair size: 88×83×87cm, Ottoman size: 67×54×41cm.
- Packagae: chair and ottoman in one pacakge. 0.5CBM/CTN.
- The package is plywood crates protection for secure delivery.
- Warranty: 5-year quality gurantee.
"Who would say that pleasure is not useful?" -Charles Eames
The Eames lounge chair and ottoman is the culmination of Charles and Ray Eames' efforts to create comfortable and handsome lounge seating by using production techniques that combine technology and handcraftsmanship. Its heritage goes back to the molded plywood chairs pioneered by the Eameses in the 1940s. The Eames lounge chair and ottoman are considered among the most significant and collectible furniture designs of the 20th century and are part of the permanent collection of New York's Museum of Modern Art.
Charles Eames said his goal for the chair was the "warm, receptive look of a well-used first baseman's mitt." Every one is a special refuge from the strains of modern living.
The first lounge chair and ottoman, produced in 1956, was a birthday gift for friend Billy Wilder, the Academy Award-winning film director, and it made its public debut on Arlene Francis' Home show, which later became the Today show.
With a grand sense of adventure, Charles and Ray Eames turned their curiosity and boundless enthusiasm into creations that established them as a truly great husband-and-wife design team. Their unique synergy led to a whole new look in furniture. Lean and modern. Playful and functional. Sleek, sophisticated, and beautifully simple. That was and is the "Eames look."
Every lounge chair and ottoman manufactured since the original have received the same meticulous handcrafted attention. The rich veneer and supple leather suggest old-fashioned luxury translated into modern forms, setting an enduring standard for comfort and elegance. In addition, the lounge chair and ottoman are now available in a veneer called santos palisander, a lustrous veneer that has the same characteristics as the original rosewood, color and grain.
The chair has 6-inch thick urethane foam cushions and rich leather upholstery available in your choice of colors. The wood is harvested exclusively from sustainably managed forests and is available in a variety of finish options. All pieces are hand assembled with a built-in swivel mechanism.
Please see below our actual eames lounge chair reproduced by Delson.
Add: No.8 Changlong Village, Zhenlong Town, Huiyang District, Huizhou, Guangdong, China